Probably best known for being the home of the Hanford Nuclear Site, Richland has a rich and sometimes controversial history, centering around the time that the US Army came in during World War II and removed 300 current residents to make room for the Manhattan project. The city now focuses on many other industires, including a thriving agricultural economy, but the cleanup from the Hanford site continues to dominate national headlines about Richland.
Some Great Restaurants To Check Out In Richland, WA:
- Ann’s Best Creole & Soul Food Cafe is the place to head to if you’ve been craving sweet tea, hush puppies and catfish! Boasting an almost five-star review on Tripadvisor and Facebook, this seems to be one of the best casual restaurants in town!
- LuLu Craft Bar + Kitchen is a locally owned and loved restaurant. Their beef and pork are grown on the family farm, along with the onions, potatoes and various produce that shows up on your plate. Their food is made from scratch and they even have vegetarian, gluten free and seasonal options.
- Monterosso’s is a highly rated traditional Italian restaurant with a menu ranging from stuffed mushrooms to Mediterranean Capellini. They have a separate lunch and dinner menu, and a wine list. Bonus- it’s in a rail car!
- The high school’s logo includes a mushroom cloud and they are named the “Bombers”. Subtle, they are not.
- The city revolves in large part around the Columbia River, and wine culture is strong in the area.