Port Townsend Washington
Number of schools
Medium Home Price
Median Household Income
Port Townsend is well known for being a host to many local events in the Puget Sound and Olympic Peninsula regions, including farmers markets, concerts and more. Known for it’s picturesque location and unique Victorian architecture, Port Townsend is frequented by tourists from all over the United States, especially in the warmer summer months. Even though there are less than 10,000 residents in the town, it boasts cute and comfortable dining options and artistic outlets like the Port Townsend School of Woodworking and the Copper Canyon Press which focuses on poetry. If you are headed out to the Olympic Peninsula, stopping in at Port Townsend is well worth the detour.
- It is currently the the 89th largest city in the State of Washington.
- According to the latest Census data taken in 2010, Port Townsend is home to about 9,210 residents.
- The city also houses one of two “bell towers” known to exist in the United States. It is 125 feet tall and was used to summon volunteer firefighters during emergencies. The other bell is located in Helena, MT.
- The largest employer is the Port Townsend Paper Mill.
- Physical size: About 9.5 sq miles.