Bellingham is an incredibly beautiful place to live, and the modest size of the city makes it an attractive destination for families, while still being large enough to provide multiple venues for entertainment and metro-style shopping.
If you’re looking for a great pace to eat, check out these local favorites:
Restaurants in Bellingham:
- Danna’s Café Italiano: They began as a wholesale pasta maker in Seattle in the 90’s until they decided they wanted to open up their own place in Bellingham. Vegan/ vegetarian options available. Fresh pasta & handmade ravioli. 4.5 star rating on Trip Advisor; family friendly with children’s menu.
- Skylarks Hidden Café Another local restaurant that does their best to use local and seasonal products when possible. Family friendly; kids menu. Gluten free options, vegetarian and vegan as well. Live jazz every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday 8-11 pm. 4 out of 5 stars on Trip Advisor.
- Colophon Café: Open seven days a week, family friendly- something for everyone here. Local artists can display their work as well. It was founded in 1985 as an ice cream & espresso parlor. They also make a huge effort to use wholesome and local ingredients. Vegetarian/ vegan and gluten free options.
Some pictures from the Bellingham area:
- Cost of living is 5.8% above national average (https://www.forbes.com/places/wa/bellingham/ )
- http://www.bellinghamherald.com is a great website to catch up on local/ national news, weather, sports, entertainment, and classifieds.
- Median Rent: $902
- 54% rent, 46% own
- #108 of 376 Best Places to Live in Washington