Glazer’s Live | Understanding Color a 2-Part Series
The complexity of color is often overlooked by photographers. Most understand the basic concepts of how to adjust color during postproduction, but they don’t often consider the effects the colors in a photo have on one another or how they impact the look and feel of their images.
This is a special two-session version of this class that adds additional content previous attendees requested. It will take you deep into the world of color for an exploration of the technical aspects of color, as well as the emotional impact color can have in a photo. After this class you will never look at color the same, in your photos or the world around you.
Week 1: April 13th, 10am-1pm
- Understanding the scientific and emotional components of color
- How vision and color perception influence our experience of it
- Understanding simultaneous contrast and how it influenced early impressionist painting
- Why photographers need to master subtractive color theory
- Comparing and contrasting color schemes; MOnochrome, Analogous, Complimentary, Split Complementary, etc.
- Creating color harmony and its effect on the viewer.
Week 2: April 20th, 10am-1pm
- Comparing color models and color spaces
- Methods for color evaluation in Lightroom Classic and Photoshop
- Color correction vs. color grading, which should you be doing?
- Comparing and contrasting the many ways to adjust color in Lightroom Classic and Photoshop
- Global color correction vs. local color correction techniques
DETAILS ABOUT THE CLASS:
- This is an online, live class where students will be able to participate and ask questions
- Handouts will be sent to students prior to class
- Students will receive an email with instructions for downloading the app and joining the meeting on the computer.
- A recording of the class will be available to students after the class.
HOW TO WATCH:
This session will take place on the Zoom platform. Those who register will receive an email about 30 minutes before each event starts with a link to join the Zoom session and a password.
**RECORDING OF THE SESSION WILL BE AVAILABLE TO STUDENTS AFTER THE CLASS**
Mark Fitzgerald is an award-winning photographer, author, and teacher living in Portland, Oregon. He has been teaching Lightroom since it was first released in 2007. During that time Mark has helped countless photographers learn to leverage the power of Lightroom and create efficient workflows that serve their specific needs. He works with students worldwide who range from beginners to experienced pros. You can learn more about Mark at www.ddroom.com
By registering for this event, you also agree to receive future emails from Glazer’s Camera on new products, services, and promotions. You can unsubscribe at any time. Images captured during our events may be shared on our social channels, like Instagram and Facebook.
The event may be canceled if ticket minimum sales aren’t met.
PRICING, FEES & REFUNDS
In the event of a refund, Eventbrite Fees are not refundable. Eventbrite fees are only refunded if an event is canceled.
We will issue a full refund up to 4 days before the event date; or a 50% refund up to the day of the event, if however, we are able to fill the spot, we may issue a full refund. No-shows will not be refunded.
Refunds are unavailable post-event date.