Woodshop Safety Class
The Woodshop Safety Class is a required class for BMS members who would like to use the woodshop. We will go over our safety policies, emergency procedures and the safe, effective and conscientious use of our woodshop.
For each tool, we will discuss
- Setup & tool check to be done before operation
- Safe and effective use of the tool
- Dust collection for each tool
- Cleanup and readying the tool for the next user.
This class is for both experienced woodworkers and those new to woodworking.
Tools we will cover:
- Sliding Compound Miter Saw
- Table Saw
- Drill Press
- Band Saw
Makerspace members can use the woodshop for personal projects after taking this class.
This is NOT a wood working skills course, it is only focused on the safe operation of the tools in our makerspace wood shop.
Class Length: 1.5 hours
Min/max registrations: 1/4
Instructor Bio: Taught by Bellingham Makerspace Woodshop Tool Champions
COVID-19: To keep everyone safe; masks (can provide), hand sanitizing (at entrances), temperature checks and social distancing are encouraged at Makerspace. Maximum class size has been reduced to allow for social distancing.
Class fees: All class fees include materials. If you are a current Bellingham Makerspace member or scheduled volunteer you may select the discounted member registration. Some instructors offer scholarship discounts and volunteers may be eligible for training discounts.
Cancellations: All classes have a minimum number of participants. If the instructor specified number is not reached 24hrs before the class is scheduled to start, the class will be cancelled and any registrations refunded (Eventbrite fees are non refundable).
Refund policy: You may request a refund from Eventbrite no later than 24hrs before the class starts (Eventbrite fees are non refundable). After that point instructors and participants are committed and we won’t be able to provide any refunds.
- When and where to arrive? Please arrive 5-15min early for check-in. Park outside Dick’s Sporting Goods. Enter the mall through Dick’s, Makerspace is the first on the right.
- What to bring/not to bring? For shop class personal safety, please wear closed-toe shoes, tie long hair back, and avoid any dangling jewelry or baggy clothing. Bring personal ear and eye protection if you want (do provide).
- Is there an age limit? All our classes are 18+ (14-18 with parental permission) unless otherwise indicated in the class description.
- Other questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org