Stephanie Schneiderman, Left Hand Smoke @ BALLARD HOMESTEAD
STEPHANIE SCHNEIDERMAN: stephanieschneiderman.com
“Trying to pin down Stephanie Schneiderman to any one genre, talent or discipline is next to impossible. One thing is clear – whether pursuing her prolific work as a solo artist, playing drums for all star roots pop act Swan Sovereign (Dirty Martini), producing, acting, or giving back, Schneiderman is hands down one of the most diverse and hardest working female singer-songwriters the Pacific Northwest has to offer.
Blending elements of folk, indie pop music, Americana and electronic music, her songwriting is often compared to artists like Imogen Heap, Regina Spektor and Jem. As a singer-songwriter, her solo career began with a coveted spot in the Lilith Fair. From there, she went on to receive extensive NW radio play, tour internationally, and earn music placements in numerous films and primetime TV shows, including Felicity, the Vampire Diaries Soundtrack and many more. She has played with some of the nation’s top touring acts- from Aimee Mann to Hall & Oates, Heart, and Train- and enjoyed ongoing success with popular NW all-female groups Dirty Martini and Swan Sovereign. She has stepped on stage in the musical The Full Monty, appeared in major television commercials and films, and even produced the soundtrack for 3 popular children’s DVD’s (Oy Baby and That Baby) selling more than 75,000 combined units.
In the fall of 2021, Schneiderman will release her ninth solo album, Crossfire. The new recording combines her past sonic explorations—folk music, ambient pop, trip hop, and Americana music—into a beautifully dark and deeply introspective recording that is as fresh as it is compelling. Funded by pre-purchases and house concerts, Crossfire is a self-released labor of love that celebrates her community and newfound artistic freedom as producer, and will be enjoyed by anyone looking to sit down with a timeless and great record. Crossfire will be available on Soundcloud, Apple Music and Spotify.” -Artist Bio
LEFT HAND SMOKE : lefthandsmoke.wordpress.com
“Fronted by brothers Ben Mish, a skilled piano man with a soulful voice, and Will Mish, a guitar wizard who has earned critical nods for his unfathomable talent and innate sense of melody and blues, and flanked by Irish-born multi-talented rhythm guitarist Ronan O’Mahony, a childhood friend and co-songwriter, and the inimitable stick-man Andrew Cloutier on drums, Left Hand Smoke brews up a blend of neo-soul and rock that is steeped in tradition, yet entirely original and fresh.
Left Hand Smoke’s self-titled debut took the West Coast by surprise, earning rave reviews in publications like LA’s Radio & Record, and newspapers around the coast. Immediately, things began to happen for the band. Within months of the album’s release, four songs off Left Hand Smoke were licensed for network television, one of them, Blues Eyes Shining, eventually ending up on the hit show ER. The song Step Outside (featuring Death Cab for Cutie’s Jason McGerr on drums) garnered major airplay from Seattle’s AAA format KMTT 103.7 FM The Mountain, vaulting the band from club act to headliner in major performance venues. The album went on to receive many gold stars: album of the year in West Coast Performer Magazine, Top 10 in the Amazon.com rock charts, and the single Step Outside was a top 10 request for 103.7 FM.” -Artist Bio
@ Ballard Homestead
7p doors, 7:30p show
All ages, mostly seated
EVENT & VENUE INFO:
- Ballard Homestead is partially ADA accessible. Please email email@example.com with questions and for accommodations. ballardhomestead.org/about
- Service animals as defined by the ADA are allowed. Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities.
- Please limit photos during the show so as to not distract other attendees from the experience.
- Please enter quietly if the show has already begun.
- Please leave quietly, it’s a very quiet neighborhood.
- Quiet Picnics Welcome. ie. please no crunchy packaging or loud chips, smelly foods, etc. We sometimes have a few tables out, or you can use the side yard if weather is nice.
- Light snacks & non-alcoholic beverages may be available for purchase, but no other food or bar service at Ballard Homestead shows.
- We have a mix of padded chairs, benches, and a little standing room in back for big shows.
- We are an all ages venue. Kids 10 & under are free at Abbey Arts concerts & arts events unless noted. Please request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entering the venue indicates agreement to adhere to the Abbey Respect Policy. All are welcome. fremontabbey.org/respect
ABOUT ABBEY ARTS, SEATTLE:
NONPROFIT 501C3, NON-RELIGIOUS, EST. 2005
Presenting welcoming music, arts & cultural experiences for people of all ages & incomes.
- Rental info & more: fremontabbey.org/rent
- Concert & events calendar: abbeypresents.org
- Volunteer opportunities are available for most shows (include free entry) www.fremontabbey.org/volunteer
- Arts Connect provides free tickets for nonprofit workers, low income families, and veterans. fremontabbey.org/artsconnect
Home Venue: Fremont Abbey, 4272 Fremont Ave North, Seattle, WA 98103 / 206-414-8325 Ballard Homestead: 6541 Jones Ave NW, Seattle | + South Park Hall, Woodlawn Hall Greenlake, UHeights Auditorium (UDistrict), St Mark’s Cathedral (Capitol Hill), & more