Seattle Pun-Off @ FREMONT ABBEY
WORLDWIDE PUNS: worldwidepuns.com
Worldwide Puns are the incorrigible idiots responsible for six years of sold-out, critically acclaimed shows in San Francisco with the Bay Area Pun-Off. Now, we dare to bring to you, dear Seattle, the comedy/competition sensation: The First Ever Seattle Pun-Off!
Some say it’s an affliction; we call it “comedy…” Worldwide Puns proudly invites you to celebrate the contagious power of the pun: the lowest form of comedy, the highest form of intellect… a prized tool of parents, kindergarten teachers, twitter trolls, and Witzelsucht patients everywhere!
Intrepid “Punslingers” will battle fellow punsters in lightning rounds of freestyle punning on a given category.* Last punster standing wins an official hand-mei-made trophy in addition to bragging rights – if you really want to call ’em that…
To compete, purchase a “Punslinger Lotto Ticket” to enter the Punslinger competitor ticket lottery. Competitors will be drawn from this pool. The lottery will be open until two weeks before the show at which time we’ll notify everyone both competing and not selected. Names not drawn will have their tickets honored as general admission audience tickets. In the case of no-shows, the emcee will select back-ups.
“Prepared Puntificators” will open the evening with a non-competitive showcase of 2 minutes of original punning on a topic of their choosing. These folks are eligible to win prizes like pun-of-the-night and overall-excellence-in-punning.
Please purchase a “Prepared Puns (Puntificator) Ticket.”
The Pun-Off warmly encourages punsters of all backgrounds, identities, persuasions, and inclinations to attend.
If the price is a serious obstacle, please contact the organizer to inquire about options. We aim to turn away no-buddy and we enjoy the company and labor of volunteers.
*All categories and rules are subject to change.
**Seriously, this is the warmest crowd in town.
***This is a very silly event and the judge’s decisions are final.
@ Fremont Abbey Arts Center
7p doors, 8p show
All ages, some seating available, bar w/ID
ABBEY ARTS EVENT INFO:
- Check tickets for show time
- Fremont Abbey is ADA accessible on either level.
- Service animals as defined by the ADA are allowed. Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities.
- We have a mix of normal chairs, some tall chairs, and standing room in back.
- Seating is not reserved unless noted.
- Please refrain from talking or texting during the show.
- No video from the seating area please.
- Please limit photos during the show so as to not distract other attendees from the experience.
- We are an all ages venue. Kids 10 & under are free at Abbey Arts concerts & arts events unless noted.
- Entering the venue indicates agreement to adhere to the Abbey Respect Policy. All are welcome.
ABBEY ARTS, SEATTLE | NONPROFIT 501C3, NON-RELIGIOUS, EST. 2005
Presenting welcoming music, arts & cultural experiences for people of all ages & incomes.
- Venue rental info & more: http://www.fremontabbey.org/rent
- Concert & events calendar: http://www.abbeypresents.org
- Arts Connect provides free tickets for nonprofit workers, low income families, and veterans. www.fremontabbey.org/artsconnect/
- Volunteer opportunities are available for most shows (include free entry) www.fremontabbey.org/volunteer
Home Venue: Fremont Abbey, 4272 Fremont Ave North, Seattle, WA 98103 / 206-414-8325
Note: All ticket sales are final unless noted. Lineup and performers are subject to change, no refunds for change of support acts.
See Updated Public Health Safety Info at the bottom of this page under Abbey Arts Presents. All Abbey Arts venues adhere to WA State & King County health guidelines. Thanks for helping keep our community safe!