Mick Flannery, Anna Tivel @ FREMONT ABBEY
MICK FLANNERY: www.mickflannery.com
Mick Flannery has a voice for the ages, a complete Master of his craft” cited by Clash Magazine, whilst The Sunday Times said he “conjures up exquisite story-telling.” His latest offering ‘Goodtime Charlie’ Flannery’s eighth studio record went straight to No. 1 at home in Ireland on the independent charts, and No. 2 on the Official Charts, Making it his sixth top 5 record to date, with 3 Number 1 records already under his belt.
‘Goodtime Charlie’ is also the first international signing for John Prines beloved Oh Boy Records. Speaking of the signing, Fiona Prine, President of Oh Boy said:
“Oh Boy Records continues to be the home label for singer songwriters who are dedicated to their craft. The body of work created by my husband, John Prine, remains our North Star when making decisions about the artists we bring onto our label. Mick Flannery is arguably one of the best songwriters to emerge from Ireland’s long and storied history of writers, poets and musicians. I couldn’t be more delighted to welcome Mick, as the first international signing, to our Oh Boy Records family. John was proud to be part of the music community on Ireland’s western coast and I know he would be proud of this new partnership with Mick and his team.”
Mick Flannery’s songs are fluent in expressing layered aspects of the human condition, its flaws, triumphs, and general uncertainty. His live shows are renowned for his self-deprecating humor, audience engagement and the ability to bring people on a journey of both heartbreak and joy, often in the same instance.
Mick has built up a reputation over the past decade as one of Ireland hardest working musicians, touring extensively at home and in more recent years abroad as his songs have been reaching folks farther afield. Ireland’s best kept secret appears to be no more. – Artist Bio
‘..Powerful Americana’ Rollingstone
“Flannery continues to prove himself to be one of our finest singers, songwriters and sonic storytellers” The Irish Times
‘Powerful life-affirming album’ 9/10 Hotpress
ANNA TIVEL: www.annativel.com
“Singer-songwriters are often called poets. In truth, only a few deliver the deep insight and sense of the new that breaking through the predictable achieves. Anna Tivel is one.” NPR, Ann Powers
“Everything here is testament to her storytelling gifts (she’s been likened to Steinbeck and I suspect she may have a novel or short stories collection in her) with her finely drawn characters and observations of an emotional life that ranges from defiance to regret, joy to sadness.” — Folk Radio UK
@ Fremont Abbey Arts Center
5:30p doors, 6:30p show
All ages, some seating available, bar w/ID
ABBEY ARTS EVENT INFO:
- Fremont Abbey is ADA accessible on either level.
- For most events we have a mix of padded chairs and standing room.
- Seating is not guaranteed or reserved unless noted.
- To respect the performing artists and your fellow attendees, please refrain from talking during the performances
- Please limit photos during the show so as to not distract other attendees from the experience.
- Phone video may be permitted for some shows, from the standing area only please.
- No professional cameras or cameras with shutters allowed in the venue
- We are an all ages venue. Kids 10 & under are free at Abbey Arts concerts & arts events unless noted.
- Equity & Inclusion – Entering the venue indicates agreement to adhere to the Abbey Respect Policy. www.fremontabbey.org/respect
- Service animals as defined by the ADA are allowed. Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities
ABBEY ARTS, SEATTLE | NONPROFIT 501C3, NON-RELIGIOUS, EST. 2005
Presenting welcoming music, arts & cultural experiences for people of all ages & incomes.
- Venue Rental info & more: fremontabbey.org/rent
- Concert & events calendar: abbeypresents.org
- Volunteer opportunities are available for most shows (include free entry) www.fremontabbey.org/volunteer
- Arts Connect provides free tickets for nonprofit workers, low income families, and veterans. fremontabbey.org/artsconnect
Home Venue: Fremont Abbey, 4272 Fremont Ave North, Seattle, WA 98103 / 206-414-8325 Ballard Homestead: 6541 Jones Ave NW, Seattle | + South Park Hall, Woodlawn Hall (Greenlake), UHeights Auditorium (UDistrict), St Mark’s Cathedral (Capitol Hill), & more
Note: All ticket sales are final unless noted. Lineup and performers are subject to change, no refunds for change of support acts.