Glazer’s Live: Learning to Use Lightroom Classic’s Masking Panel
The focus of this mini-class is on one of Lightroom Classic’s most powerful features. The Masking Panel, added in the fall of 2021, brings the power of layers and masks to the Lightroom editing workflow. Now it’s possible to work with gradients and the Adjustment brush in more nuanced and powerful ways. New features such as Select Sky, Select Subject, and color and luminance selections help to simplify the masking process while giving you control over your creative process. This mini-class is designed to bring you up-to-speed with these major improvements so you’ll know how and when to use them to enhance and perfect your photos.
- What is Masking?
- How the New Masking Panel Relates to the Old Tools
- Difference Between the Masking Panel and the Masks Panel
- Working with Mask Overlays
- Using Select Sky and Select Subject tools
- Working With New and Improved Gradients
- Understanding Color Range, Luminance Range and Depth Range
- Getting the Most from the Brush Tool
- Adding, Subtracting and Intersecting Masks
- Target Audience: This program is suitable for experienced Lightroom Classic users.
- Length of Program: 2 Hours
- An informational handout in a PDF document will be sent to students prior to the day of the class.
- A recording of the class will be available to students after the class.
- If you’re not able to attend, by registering, you will still receive a link to the recording of the class.
HOW TO WATCH:
This session will take place on the Zoom platform. Those who register will receive an email about 30 minutes before each event starts with a link to join the Zoom session and a password.
**RECORDING OF THE SESSION WILL BE AVAILABLE TO STUDENTS AFTER THE CLASS**
Mark Fitzgerald is an award-winning photographer, author, and teacher living in Portland, Oregon. He has been teaching Lightroom since it was first released in 2007. During that time Mark has helped countless photographers learn to leverage the power of Lightroom and create efficient workflows that serve their specific needs. He works with students worldwide who range from beginners to experienced pros. You can learn more about Mark at www.ddroom.com
By registering for this event, you also agree to receive future emails from Glazer’s Camera on new products, services, and promotions. You can unsubscribe at any time. Images captured during our events may be shared on our social channels, like Instagram and Facebook.
There is a minimum number of students required to make this class feasible. If the class does not meet the minimum number of registrants, the class will be canceled one week prior.
PRICING, FEES & REFUNDS
In the event of a refund, Eventbrite Fees are not refundable. Eventbrite fees are only refunded if an event is canceled.
We will issue a full refund up to 4 days before the event date; or a 50% refund up to the day of the event, if however, we are able to fill the spot, we may issue a full refund. No-shows will not be refunded.
Refunds are unavailable post-event date.