DIY Electrical: Learn to troubleshoot & wire like a pro
Gio & Julie , Skagit Valley College Marine Technology Students will take you through the ins and outs of your vessel’s electrical systems. This hands on course will teach you how to use your multimeter for trouble-shooting, understand marine wiring, and how to “Keep Your Electrical System Alive”. Every boat owner should understand their electrical systems—
- How an electrical system works
- Proper/Safe Multimeter use
- How to monitor the system to ensure proper working function
- How to make wire selection / proper crimping techniques
- How to understand electrical trouble-shooting
- How to make repairs to this critical system on almost every cruising vessel
This 3 hour course includes many hands on activities. Let’s keep the light’s on!
We’re Gio and Julie Cappelli, a couple of professional fish nerds who’ve retrained as marine technicians and are getting ready to head off cruising full-time. We love everything about boats, the ocean, and fish! Julie is a NMEA marine electronics installer and ABYC certified in marine electrical, and Gio is ABYC certified in marine systems and diesel engines. Our goal is to help others get out on the water however we can and have fun doing it. When we’re not soaking up all the awesome learning Marine Tech has to offer you can find us playing on the water or hiking in the trees..