Employment In Wenatchee
One of the keys to finding good employment in Wenatchee is to get to know the people in the community. This is true in most cities, but is especially relevant in a city like Wenatchee, where the population is just over 30,000 people. It’s a big enough city to provide lot’s of employment opportunities in a lot of the different trades, but also small enough that having a good reputation around town and/or a great personal referral can make a huge difference.
Finding Work in Wenatchee
If you are new to the area, it is essential that you start getting to know people. Going to community events and getting involved in various groups around the region can be an amazing way to meet people and get a feel for how the job market is currently looking. One of the popular events where you can meet a lot of the local small business owners is the annual Washington State Apple Blossom Festival.
Some people see a small community as a detriment to job hunting, but you can easily see it as an advantage. How so?
If you are a skilled reliable worker, it doesn’t take long to develop a reputation for being a dependable person that employers want to hire. References can make all the difference and a good reputation in a small community can provide huge benefits for your job prospects.
The easiest and most sustainable way to work yourself into the fabric of the community is to join events and groups that are already happening. Check out our activities page for some ideas of where to start. Taking the organic approach to job hunting can pay big dividends down the road.
Researching Employment Options in Wenatchee
That being said, you still have to get out there and find the work. There are a few mainstay organizations that you’ll want to keep track of when looking for jobs.
One of the best ways to do research on places to work in Wenatchee is to take a look at the following 6 websites.
Recommended Research Websites:
- Wenatchee World – A great way to stay up on the truly local results for work in Wenatchee. Just keep in mind that classifieds like these tend to cater to specific industries like food service and customer service.
- Indeed – If you’re looking for open positions in the area Indeed.com is my best suggestion for seeing the best current offers in the Wenatchee job market. My recommendation is to post your resume immediately and then check in every week or so to see if there are new listings. Posting your resume allows employers to find you via Indeed’s formidable matching algorithms.
- Yelp – Yelp is a great way to sort by business type and to see customer reviews of these establishments. You do have to take some of these reviews with a grain of salt, but they can give you a general sense of what clients think of these businesses.
- Glassdoor – Glassdoor gives you an inside look at previous employee’s experiences, salary estimates, open positions and more. Again, take employee reviews with a grain of salt (if you’ve ever been fired, you know what the urge to rant and rail against your previous employer feels like). Glassdoor is one of my top recommendations for employment research.
- LinkedIn – This social network has been around for a while now and it can be a great way to do research on a business or to connect with current employees. Using their Advanced Search feature can be a great way to narrow down results to just the pertinent businesses that make sense for your situation.
- Craigslist – This website has lost some credibility in the last few years, but it can still be a remarkably good place to find employment, especially in service-based industries. You’ll have to wade through a bit more clutter while sorting through positions, but it still has a large user base of employers and is worth giving a try if the other sites come up empty.
Businesses in Wenatchee
Below is a list of links to a few popular places of employment in Wenatchee. This is not an exhaustive list, but might give you a place to start looking.
Professional Services & Lawyers
- John’s Cheap Move
- Eagle Transfer Company
- All Seasons Housecleaning
- Faithsteps Housecleaning
- Keyhole Security
- Alpine Aire
- Jacob’s Heating Cooling & Refrigeration
- Allthrive Landscaping and Irrigation