Brooks Smothers, host of RV Out West
Scott talks with Brooks Smothers, host of the RV Out West podcast which discusses RV travel in Washington State. Brooks describes many of the adventures that led him to get a trailer and start his podcast.
Brooks lived in Washington until the age of twenty-five when he tried living in other parts of the country, including the Virgin Islands, and California Bay Area. He returned to Washington in 2010 with his wife and started a family.
The Thing They Do
Brooks is the host of the RV Out West podcast, discussing RVing topics related to travel in Washington State.
- Brooks talks about enjoying football when the Seahawks played the Philadelphia Eagles (his wife is from Philly) and growing up in a camping family both tent camping and backpacking. Scott asks about the Big Journey, shipping a VW camper to St Thomas in the Virgin Islands. Brooks then describes what brought him to starting the RV Out West podcast and explains the goal of the podcast.
. Visit RVOutWest.com
Some of the People and Places Mentioned in this Episode
- Lincoln Rock state park near Wenatchee
- Curlew Lake in Republic
- Cape Disappointment at the mouth of the Columbia
- Deception Pass, Whidbey Island
- Stevens Pass for Winter camping
Each episode we will have a chat with someone who has a great story to share about Washington State. From artists, to business owners. Musicians to athletes. Exploring Washington State will showcase the beauty and creativity here in Washington State.
You can find all our podcast episodes on our Exploring Washington State Podcast Page.
If you have any suggestions for guests for a future episode, please send us an email.
Want other great ideas of places to visit, or to find out more about people who are making amazing things in Washington State visit Explore Washington State.
If you like the podcast, please take a moment to leave us a review on iTunes. It really helps us help spread the word.